The Main Cathedral of the Russian Armed Forces - unveiled to the public on the 9th of May 2020 - turns a new page in our country's history. We invite you to join us on a tour of the Cathedral of the Resurrection of Christ - one of the largest orthodox church buildings in the world!
Photos of the Main Temple of the Armed Forces of Russia
On the tour to the Main Cathedral of the Russian Armed Forces you will:
- Learn about the construction process. Kirill, Patriarch of Moscow and all Rus' and Primate of the Russian Orthodox Church, president Vladimir Putin and Minister of Defence of the Russian Federation Sergei Shoigu all took part in laying the foundation of the cathedral. People donated over 3 billion rubles towards its construction!
- Visit the four chapels of the cathedral, dedicated to the holy patrons of the Russian army
- See the world's largest icon of the Savior Not Made by Hands - the central icon of the church
- Enjoy the stunning interiors. Learn about the techniques and materials used in the construction and their significance
- Visit the museum complex and its main gallery - the Memory Road - which is precisely 1418 steps long. Step by step, you will relive each of the 1418 days of the Great Patriotic War. Breathtaking visuals, sound design, dioramas, and interactive multimedia stands create a deeply immersive experience
Few churches in the world can compare to the Main Cathedral of the Russian Armed Forces in its intricate design, symbolism, and significance. It is a miracle, brought to life by some of the best craftsmen of our country to honor the bravery and strength of the Russian army!