The famous «seven sisters» of Moscow - seven gorgeous skyscrapers of the Stalin era - are one of the calling cards of the capital, clearly visible from almost everywhere in the city. These truly monumental buildings are impressive in their size and beauty. We invite you to learn all about their mysteries on our Seven Stalin Sisters skyscrapers tour.
You will learn:
- About the connections between the main building of Moscow State University and the Cathedral of Christ the Savior as well as the origins of the observation deck on Sparrow Hills - one of the most popular tourist attractions of the city
- The specifics of inner workings and design of the building on Kotelnicheskaya embankment that allowed for the government agents to spy on the residents
- About the ghosts that roam the halls of the Kotelnicheskaya embankment skyscraper
- Why one of the ''sisters'' doesn't have the five-pointed star on it
- The achievements of Soviet engineers and their approach to solving the problem of swaying skyscrapers
- The reasons for the Red Gate building being 16 cm inclined from the vertical axis
And much more! Despite their dark and controversial past, the seven sisters remain one of the most stunning and significant monuments of the Soviet era. Let us revel in their harsh beauty and unravel their mysteries together!